Collaboration serves as a platform where musicians come together to musically express their thoughts and ideas. It gives one an opportunity to learn and unlearn musical skills and different styles of music and helps an artist to brew up new ideas.
- The primary aspect for artists who intend to collaborate is that they have set goals and work towards achieving them united. This way each artist realizes what is required from them and helps them mutually focus on getting their work done.
- With the power of technology and the luxury of Internet, collaborations are made possible on a global level. The boon of an internet collaboration is that it widens an artist’s scope of being recognized worldwide, you have a wider audience and it opens doors to a greater learning. As music is a universal language, it isn’t necessary for any two artists to be physically present to collaborate; they can always connect via Skype, Facebook, email etc and can instantly exchange ideas.
- Not all artists can sing, write their own lyrics, compose, or arrange; that is when collaboration is an advantage. For example, an instrumentalist who is composing a song can collaborate with a singer and they work as a team. This is how an artist can complement one another – one artist’s weakness makes up for another’s strength.
- Global collaborations also help in spreading your music with your International artist collaborator’s fan base, working as a team can reduce the burden of work, having two or more people in a team will be a great platform for exchange of culture, too. It also serves as a tool to spread awareness of the craft.
- After successful global collaborations, being the age of music streaming – your musical creations can be featured on various music streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music. This will in turn help artists to create a brand for themselves, which establishes quality.
- By giving a global approach to an artist’s style of music, he or she gets to attempt a style out of their comfort zone, these are opportunities for them to be innovative, which results in them producing / composing originals and hits.
- It is also that such innovative creations can open doors to new fan groups and help artists to connect with many more music appreciators.
- Whether collaborations are successful or not, there is always learning involved and building contacts. The newly acquired skills – be it songwriting, composing, singing, and the like – will help to shape an artist to become better at his or her craft and will take their career to the next level.
- When it comes to collaborations with well-known artists and celebrities you are required to put forward your best work and skill. After all, word of mouth always remains a powerful tool to develop recognition. This helps to build a reputation for an artist, which in turn speaks about an artist’s consistency and talent.
Overall, collaborations are fun. The many ways to approach global collaborators are by reaching out to online music communities, sharing your music videos and audio clips to established artists via social media or by approaching buskers who would present music in the most raw form, which will bring out a different flavor to one’s music. You can also create music videos that document your work process and share anecdotes about creating the songs. This helps you to engage better with the audience and will bring you closer to becoming the future music superstars.
- Advantages of Global Music Collaboration - April 15, 2019